• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Seafood - West Orange Area

RockADS21

I am looking for a few suggestions in or near the West Orange area that has a good selection of seafood. It does not necessarily need to be a seafood restaurant but I do want a good amount of choices. I am making plans for a group of 10 and heading to Rascals for a show after dinner so something within 10/15 minutes of there would be ideal. I first thought of Nero's Grill in Livingston although I havent been there in some time. We will be coming from the Scotch Plains area so anything en route to W.O. will also work. Thanks. :smile:

A.D.S.

Not knowing what you want to spend or if it has to be BYO here are some suggestions.

Stretches, Livingston-- a BYO dive with good inexpensive food.

Julio's in West Orange--a dive with good moderate priced food.

Casa Bella-East Hanover--very good BYO storefront. He gets his fish from Freedmans in South Orange.

Primavera--Down the street from Rascal's. Expensive but excellent food.

Highlawn Pavilion-Near Rascals. Expensive with lovely view of NYC

Blue Sky in Montclair-BYO. Very good food moderate.

Corso 98 Montclair--BYO. Very good food, moderate. If you need more suggestions yell.

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

Casa Bella-East Hanover--very good BYO storefront. He gets his fish from Freedmans in South Orange

Rosie, do you mean Freeman's Fish Market in Maplewood?

Yield to Temptation, It may never come your way again.

--Lazarus Long

Sinclaires has closed.

The restaurants in Montclair would be out of your way...and sometimes parking is a problem

If Japanese is OK, the Yoshi Sono is around the corner, in easy walking distance to Rascals. Great Sushi and Japanese entrees. They have a liquor License

Everything else in the area is typical mediocre Italian and Chinese.

Cosmo