• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Confit of Raspberries

TonyC.

you can "confit" raspberrries by using a bit of a raspberry puree (strained) heated to around

65c (or 150 or so degrees) and pouring over around 2/3 pt.s of raspberries (3/4 of a # 6 pan)

Or cook a bit of sugar & water, deglaze right when it starts hitting amber a bit with some rasp juice ( or even a bit of strawberry juice/puree and pour over 2 or 3 pints of raspberries ( about 3/4 of a #6 pan).

I cool in an ice bath, moving just a bit to bring temp down without crushing.

Hope this helps.

PS:Michalak has a book out now available in French only.

Edited by tan319 (log)

2317/5000

jeez, I mean, under proper conditions, three days if taken care of ( refrig, etc)

Ways I've used them, as a garnish for many things, lemon or regular financiers, anyplace an acidic taste would be nice.

Savoury wise garnish a duck would be nice, any where to balance a bit of richness or fat.

Good luck

2317/5000