• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Feeding the PGA Championship Tournament

joiei

I've started taking an interest in huge events like this. Pretty cool watching all the work that goes into pulling it off.

I worked on a movie set here in Chicago where the caterer had to cook for 1,400. Two meals a day. Two good meals too. One of the production guys told me they shoot for everyone having their food within one hour. And as far as I could tell they did it. Seven days straight.

The caterer was out of Vegas, all the equipment was from Vegas. They relied allot on BBQ. I never saw so much charcoal in my life.

"And in the meantime, listen to your appetite and play with your food."

Alton Brown, Good Eats

That's frickin' amazing! As a former T-Towner I applaud these efforts, and as someone who cooks at a SMALL country club-we are getting ready for our BIG EVENT of the season, a 200-person golf tournament,WOOOO!-I grovel at the feet of those who can endure such madness, especially in the GODAWFUL TULSA SUMMER HEAT!!!Rock on!