• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Almond paste recipes

Alex&Rufusmom

I'm looking for a Raspberry Almond Logs recipe. I tasted a cookie from a new bakery in town and fell in love with it. I know the primary ingredients are almond paste, raspberry jam and toasted almonds. What I don't know is if its almond paste straight from the package or mixed with a binding ingredient?? I would love to hear from anyone who might have a similar? It looks like a flatten biscotti cookie rolled in toasted almonds and has raspberry filled down the middle.

Thanks

is it crunchy or soft? It sounds similar to a cookie I've made called Jelly Splits. Just take a thumbprint cookie recipe, substitute half the butter and sugar with almond paste by weight, and form into a 2" log. Roll in sliced or chopped almonds and lay on a cookie sheet. Make a trough with your finger through the middle and fill with a non-runny jam. Bake, let cool slightly, and slice.

I'm looking for a Raspberry Almond Logs recipe.  I tasted a cookie from a new bakery in town and fell in love with it. I know the primary ingredients are almond paste, raspberry jam and toasted almonds. What I don't know is if its almond paste straight from the package or mixed with a binding ingredient?? I would love to hear from anyone who might have a similar?  It looks like a flatten biscotti cookie rolled in toasted almonds and has raspberry filled down the middle.

Thanks

Thanks so much. I will give it a try and let you know if that is the cookie I seek!!!

Stacy

I'm looking for a Raspberry Almond Logs recipe.  I tasted a cookie from a new bakery in town and fell in love with it. I know the primary ingredients are almond paste, raspberry jam and toasted almonds. What I don't know is if its almond paste straight from the package or mixed with a binding ingredient?? I would love to hear from anyone who might have a similar?  It looks like a flatten biscotti cookie rolled in toasted almonds and has raspberry filled down the middle.

Thanks

I had to let you know that I tried the recipe and it was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much for the recipe. They are yummy!!!! :biggrin:

Stacy