• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The old Ye Olde College Inn

TAPrice

Ye Olde College Inn relocated to nicer, fancier digs after the storm. I hadn't noticed any work done on the original location, and there weren't any rumors of a return to the old spot. Still, it was a little shocking today to drive down Carrollton and see that the original restaurant has been demolished.

I didn't have my camera with me, but at this point there really isn't anything to see.

Todd A. Price aka "TAPrice"

Homepage and writings; A Frolic of My Own (personal blog)

Oh My God!! I hadn't thought of it in so many years (I moved to CA more than 20 years ago), but this is a New Orleans institution. I spent much of my teen and early adult time there. Will the changes in my beloved hometown never stop. At any rate, thank you for bringing this up...it has really brought the memories flooding back.

Just a simple southern lady lost out west...

"Leave Mother in the fridge in a covered jar between bakes. No need to feed her." Jackal10

Can't say I will miss the old place. Their new digs are really a great improvement. I am guessing they were all scratching their heads afterwards thinking, why didn't we think of this before. Love how they salvaged the murals from below rock and bowl. Also, I think their food picked up quite a bit. In my opinion, it is now one of the best family friendly dinning spots in the city. BTW, that area of the City is really going to pick with a new Target going into the long struggling Carrollton shopping center and something is going up at Claiborne and Carrollton where the long dormant Winn Dixie? was. Charlie