• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

GRiker

GRiker

Hit return too soon.

On 4/24/2018 at 4:40 PM, Jim D. said:

I bought stainless steel bars 1" wide and of varying heights. They can be adjusted to make any size frame. I have 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2". If I'm making a two-layer filling, I use the 3/8" on the bottom, the 1/4" on top (because I make the foot on the bottom before I start filling the frame and the 3/8" height allow for the foot so that the two layers come out about 1/4" each)

@Jim D.Is this still how you're prepping your fillings to be cut by your guitar? Is your foot untempered chocolate?

GRiker

GRiker

On 4/24/2018 at 4:40 PM, Jim D. said:

I bought stainless steel bars 1" wide and of varying heights. They can be adjusted to make any size frame. I have 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2". If I'm making a two-layer filling, I use the 3/8" on the bottom, the 1/4" on top (because I make the foot on the bottom before I start filling the frame and the 3/8" height allow for the foot so that the two layers come out about 1/4" each).