• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

pastrygirl

pastrygirl

For firm slabbed ganache & gianduja, I use the stainless frames from design & realization, mostly 15mm but I have a couple of 10 mm as well. Pate de fruits can ooze under the edges a bit but they work. I don’t think caramels work in those frames, it stays too hot and runny for too long. Instead, I use 9” square cake pans lined with parchment for caramels. False bottoms a plus if you go that route. 

How many pieces do you want to make at once, and do you already have a guitar?

pastrygirl

pastrygirl

For firm slabbed ganache & gianduja, I use the stainless ones from design & realization, mostly 15mm but I have a couple of 10 mm as well. Pate de fruits can pose under the edges a bit but they work. I don’t think caramels work in those frames, it stays too hot and runny for too long. Instead, I use 9” square cake pans lined with parchment for caramels. False bottoms a plus if you go that route. 

How many pieces do you want to make at once, and do you already have a guitar?