• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Crabs on 95

zoe b

I remember an article i read a few years ago that was about the little bars along 95 that had a tradition of serving Blue Crabs--the story was that due to the proximity of 95 it was easy for them to pick up crabs, or maybe have them delivered--I did save the article, but it must have gotten recycled at some point--does anyone know who wrote it--I think it was in a newspaper, but I'm not sure which one.

Zoe

I do not know who wrote the article. But there are couple of places right off 95 on the Bridge and Harbison exit. One in particular called Captain Chet's blue points. That was always a fun restuarant, and I know that they did take out. There are a couple more within the area.

• 2 months later...

you are probably talking about Bonks, Boncela's and Byrne's. (something with the letter B) I prefer the crabs at Boncela's, however the other foodstuffs like wings and potato logs are the draw at Byrne's. You should really like the atmosphere at all three of these of these places. real neughborhood type places.