• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

anywhere exciting to eat in nimes?

marc at fraiche

just looking at making at trip to nimes have earmarked jardin des sens but is there any where else worth a look? and has anybody been to jardin of late?

We had a wonderful meal at l'Olivier near Uzes, just 30 km away in June. I cannot recall why we skipped eating in Nimes but l'Olivier was worth the trip.

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

just looking at making at trip to nimes have earmarked jardin des sens but is there any where else worth a look? and has anybody been to jardin of late?

We had a wonderful meal at l'Olivier near Uzes, just 30 km away in June. I cannot recall why we skipped eating in Nimes but l'Olivier was worth the trip.

John -- you're not thinking of l'Oliveraie , in Beaucaire are you? At any rate my family and I had a lovely lunch there this summer, though I might not drive all the way from Nimes to dine there.

We also had an even better lunch at Au Plaisir des Halles, a Bib Gourmand (4 rue Littré F - 30000 NIMES Tel.: 04 66 36 01 02) which is walking distance from the sites. As I recall I had rascasse for the first time there. Wonderful. We have also heard good things about Le Bouchon et L'Assiette, but it had closed for vacation the week we were in the neighborhood.

I'm on the pavement

Thinking about the government.

John -- you're not thinking of l'Oliveraie , in Beaucaire are you? 

Nope, l'Olivier in Serviers et Labaume, 4.5 km the other side of Uzes from the Bridge

L'Olivier Restaurant de bon confort

F - 30700 SERVIERS ET LABAUME

Tel.: 04 66 22 56 01

Distance : 6km

L'ex-café du village accueille un coquet restaurant : couleurs ensoleillées, mobilier en fer forgé et patio fleuri. Cuisine actuelle soignée et vins locaux. Chambres neuves.

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

There is a very good small simple restaurant in Nimes very close to the Maison Carré - recommended by the people in Auberge du Cedre (they have short list) but I think also perhaps somewhere on this site or perhaps on Graham Tigg's site.

yes - I've just found it as I checked the link - its the Vintage Café.

Recommended

There is a very good small simple restaurant in Nimes very close to the Maison Carré - recommended by the people in Auberge du Cedre (they have short list) but I think also perhaps somewhere on this site or perhaps on Graham Tigg's site.

yes - I've just found it as I checked the link - its the Vintage Café.

Recommended

thanks will look in to it much appreciated