• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Using Tamarind paste

bobmac

How much do you substitute in a recipe calling for fresh tamarind? Oops, I mispoke. It's tamarind concentrate.

Edited by bobmac (log)

"Last week Uncle Vinnie came over from Sicily and we took him to the Olive Garden. The next day the family car exploded."

--Nick DePaolo

How much do you substitute in a recipe calling for fresh tamarind? Oops, I mispoke. It's tamarind concentrate.

I think it is equal if you just remove the meat from the seeds that is tamarind paste as far as I know... I use both the same way depending on what is easier to get my hands on

Edited by hummingbirdkiss (log)
why am I always at the bottom and why is everything so high? 

why must there be so little me and so much sky?

Piglet 

Thanks. I almost missed your answer and posted on the India board.

Edited by bobmac (log)

"Last week Uncle Vinnie came over from Sicily and we took him to the Olive Garden. The next day the family car exploded."

--Nick DePaolo