• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

French Quarter Festival 2007

TAPrice

Jazz Fest gets all the attention, and rightly so. French Quarter Festival is a smaller event that draws mainly locals--but it's free, the music is great and it's got some good eating as well. Just look at this list:

French Quarter Festival Menu

The FQF vendors are primarily area restaurants. On the whole, the quality and variety doesn't reach the level of Jazz Fest. But it's a good warm-up for the big festival.

Personally, I always like the beef brisket sandwich with horseradish sauce from Tujague's. Also, the desserts from Flour Power are killer.

Any other recommendations?

Edited by TAPrice (log)

Todd A. Price aka "TAPrice"

Homepage and writings; A Frolic of My Own (personal blog)

I had the chicken livers with hot pepper jelly from the Praline Connection last year. Very good and a large portion which is sometimes lacking at the FQF. I see Antoine's is offering oysters bonne femme and crawfish bisque. I don't recall their participating in years past, but if the bisque has stuffed heads I'm getting me some. I also don't remember Jacques-Imo's being there, but a duck po-poboy will definitley be on the list. Looking forward to it. Thanks for the reminder TA.