• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon

JacobCooks

I was looking around Amazon and found this book on Robuchon. Apparently, it's a book on several fundamental ingredients used in Robuchon's cooking. There's two editions, one goes for about 36.00 USD, while the other is over 200.00 USD. Anybody have this book or know why there's such a big price difference?

I was looking around Amazon and found this book on Robuchon. Apparently, it's a book on several fundamental ingredients used in Robuchon's cooking. There's two editions, one goes for about 36.00 USD, while the other is over 200.00 USD. Anybody have this book or know why there's such a big price difference?

Because somebody's charging what they think that they can get away with.

Do a Google search - there are copies at other booksellers, also. ~$35 seems to be the going price - must be a little hard to find.

(I sell books online part-time.)

V

I don't have that particular Robuchon cookbook, but I do have another one done with Patricia Wells. Only cookbook I own that has a glamour shot of a beautifully plated pineapple dessert with a giant hair on the side. And it's not a printing glitch, it's a real honest to gosh long black hair. Skeevy. Kind of ruined Robuchon for me :laugh: But sure made culinary school seem a lot less scary. If a Robuchon cookbook can go to print with a hair on the plate, well, no mistake I make cooking will ever be insurmountable.

Don't try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer."

Scott Stratten