• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Jamie Oliver

RDB

I just could not stomach watching a second episode at all*. 'Carpet fitter' and ' Head Hunter in the city' etc, as I have said Jamie and his army of middle class cronies would not know 'disadvantaged' if it came and bit their middle class arse. It appears being working class, being from an 'ethnic minority' or being 'Oirish', is what constitutes being 'disadvantaged'. Come on Jamie you are nothing more than an option for kids who are not sure what they want to do with their lives, you are not doing some amazing charity work, your whole operation is a glorified YTS scheme. If you want to know and see real 'disadvantaged' get yourself into the innercity areas around the country!!

Right thats my last on the subject!!!!

*Saying that instead of watching this I chose to watch a programme about 11 men who were extremely 'overprivledged', yet at the same time were clueless, apathetic and totally useless :wink:

After watching last nights episode I can't get the phrase "meal ticket" out of my head :rolleyes:

Again did not see it last night, but in the trailer it appeared that the guy was struggling and Jamie was hugging him (which he always does as he can take your pain away).

How did it end Matthew, is Jamie still a saint???? :wink:

After watching last nights episode I can't get the phrase "meal ticket" out of my head :rolleyes:

Again did not see it last night, but in the trailer it appeared that the guy was struggling and Jamie was hugging him (which he always does as he can take your pain away).

How did it end Matthew, is Jamie still a saint???? :wink:

it gets better - apparently next week Jamie has to act as a marriage guidance counsellor. There's just no end to his talents (or big heart). Bless.