• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Frog and the peach

chopjwu12

I just realized i put frod and not frog. Im sorry im so tired and didn't see it first. Is there anyway to fix that?

Hello everyone

I took my best friend to a farethewell lunch and the frog and the peach on wednesday. Needless to say we were both very very happy.

I started with the half portion of rissotto. Nice and creamy seasoned well with fresh corn and bacon. Garnished with a few slices of parmagiano. It was very good texture and taste wise. Nice smokeyness fom the bacon countered by the sweetness of the cheese and corn.

My friend started out with a simple NJ tomato salad. Sliced tomatos with i forget the vinegret and a little pile of a pasta salad. My friend said everything was so tasty. Sweet ripened tomatos with a nice touch of acidity from the vin and the tomatos themselves. All balanced by the pasta salad provided.

They then sent us out an extra corse of a spicey seaweed salad wrapped in cucumber slices and topped with seared scallops. This was also a very nice dish to bad i dont think its offered on the menu. Just a little something they put together for me. The salad was very nice not to spicey for me but maybe for others with a little heat sensative palat. The scallops were seasoned and seared perfectly. It had two sauces. A pickled ginger sauce and i cant remember the other. Sorry. But again nicely presented and great tasting.

We both followed that dish with a hanger steak. Grilled perfectly and sliced. Slices then placed on top of fresh vegetables and garnished with fried shallots. A very nice and rich sauce was pooled on the bottom of the bowl which the two of us didn't hesitate to sop up with some of the frog and the peaches home made warm chabata. We must of eaten about 9 each of those little chababtas. They are good with the herb butter they give you. Needless to say our plates were more then clean.

Lastly we had some desserts. I had a good blueberry financier that was comparable to the one eaten at blue hill last sunday. Served with a bluberry sorbet. My friend went with the lighter menu item. He had the coconut mouse they may have called it. All i know is that it was very light and airy. Garnished with a i think mango and passion fruit soup. Fresh mango and citrus slices around the mouse. Very light and very summery. Im just not 100% sure of the soup it was in. All i can remmeber is that it was good.

We were both extremely happy with our meal and my friend even said it was one of the best steaks he has eaten. I agreed.

my friend is underage and not much of a drinker but i did have a nice class of sauvingon(sp) blanc. Nice and crisp with a preety good nose. It went well with the rissoto. The meal ended up costing 90 bucks i think it was.

Thanks alot fat guy

My GF works in New Brunswick and she LOOOOOVES good food (in addition to being an incredible cook). I haven't been yet as it's not convenient to my location but she takes clients to Frog and Peach regularly and also takes her employees on special occasions. She continues to rave about it and insists that I'll have to try it soon. I believe that with a glass of wine and dessert it typically costs about $40-45 for lunch - not sure if that includes a tip but I think they usually get appetizers.

I'm guessing that she's been a few dozen times in the past 5 years and says she hasn't had a bad meal or service experience yet - that's a strong recommendation.

I mentioned this thread to her when we were dining out last night - she expounded for ten minutes on how much she loves this place and how surprised her clients are to find such a gem outside of NYC. She took a friend last week and they had the tasting menu for dinner at $55. It's also available at $80 with four wines served. They chose to have Cosmos instead and were liberal with the drinks (3 or 4 each). Total for dinner for two was $168 before tip and tax and she says well worth it.

Thank you all for the great details. The place looks charming and I've read the menu posted outside. Now all I have to do is go there and eat!!

Shermar(New York lady with New Jersey gentleman)

Kitchen Kutie

"I've had jutht about enough outta you!"--Daffy Duck