• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Jose,

What is your take on Sherry in all of its glorious forms. Here in Vancouver we have a great selection primarily from Lustau but sadly they still do not sell that well. How does Sherry interact with your cooking and menu?

Cheers,

Stephen Bonner

Vancouver

"who needs a wine list when you can get pissed on dessert" Gordon Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares 2005

MY BLOG

Jose,

What is your take on Sherry in all of its glorious forms. Here in Vancouver we have a great selection primarily from Lustau but sadly they still do not sell that well. How does Sherry interact with your cooking and menu?

Cheers,

Stephen Bonner

Vancouver

Sherry is still in Spain an Old good lady that everyone loves but everyone forgets to invite to their parties!....So if this is the case in Andalucia imagine away from Spain.

I LOVE SHERRY FROM SPAIN, but producers are in need of a REVOLUTION from the inside to start projecting themself to the world in a new way.....

I LOVE SHERRY FROM SPAIN, but producers are in need of a REVOLUTION from the inside to start projecting themself to the world in a new way.....

For instance? Not meaning to catch you, José Andrés, just really interested in knowing your ideas about this matter.

Let me, BTW, send you my most sincere congratulations for your success, no doubt as a result of very hard work.

Edited by JesusBarquin (log)

Sherry is still in Spain an Old good lady that everyone loves but everyone forgets to invite to their parties!....So if this is the case in Andalucia imagine away from Spain.

Something is being done.....but almost like guerrilla marketing. Any idea?. I've assisted in the recent times to a Valdespinada and several "only sherry wine" meals and all of them have been a success (once you've tried it you're lost).

We are very proud of you Jose Andres and what you are achieving..... You're a very hard working guy (I remember you sitting next to me at the Lo mejor de la Gastronomia-Tapas & Pintxos taking notes) and an excellent Ambassador for Spain and its gastronomy. Muchas gracias y sigue adelante. Sl2 desde Andalucia.

SBonner you need to organise one of those meals ehh :wink: