• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best bet in Park Ridge, NJ?

gmi3804

The hardest part of your request is finding a restaurant open in this area on Mondays!!

If you can wait until Tuesday, I recommend these:

Citrus Grille, Airmont, NY

Relish, Sparkill, NY

Freelance Cafe, Piermont, NY

These are all above average, creative, New American cuisine, really worth going to. But alas, they are all closed Mondays...

Edited to add: There is, of course, in your town, the Park Steakhouse, but I don't think this falls into any of your criteria. A straightforward steak house, pricey, and nothing creative here. Just steak. But it is open on Mondays.

Edited by menton1 (log)

Thanks, but it's a one-night-only shot.  On Monday, we're going to go to Esty Street.  Any info on that one?

I can only say that when business, several years ago, took me to Pearl River, NY and the Montvale/Park Ridge, NJ area on a regular basis, Esty Street was a standby and always quite satisfying.

Are you guys trapped in Park Ridge/Montvale?

If not there are many more possibilities in the area (Ridgewood etc.).

Yeah, pretty much trapped. :unsure:

Actually, now I'm finding out that we will be somewhat mobile. We'll have a rental car, so we will be able to travel a bit. Maybe in a 20-mile radius? Some good local Italian?

Thanks!