• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cooking-Related Apparel for Tots

Megan Blocker

Two of my friends have just taken over the management of a small inn, and their chef and his wife recently had a baby boy. They'd like to buy the baby some cooking-themed clothes. I've already pointed them toward our fabulous eG apparel, but am wondering if anyone knows of some other sources?

I think they'd love a shirt that says "Charlie Trotter, Jr." - or something of that variety. Any ideas?

"We had dry martinis; great wing-shaped glasses of perfumed fire, tangy as the early morning air." - Elaine Dundy, The Dud Avocado

Queenie Takes Manhattan

eG Foodblogs: 2006 - 2007

Not Charlie Trotter, but if they're also New Yorkers, they'd appreciate this.

P.S. The same Web site has many relevant alternatives, though the Bacon bib isn't quite as cute.

"Viciousness in the kitchen.

The potatoes hiss." --Sylvia Plath

Not Charlie Trotter, but if they're also New Yorkers, they'd appreciate this.

Adorable.

Megan -- do you embroider or know someone who does? A chef's name in a simple outline stitch would be the work of a few minutes.

Margaret McArthur

"Take it easy, but take it."

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

A sensational tennis blog from freakyfrites

margaretmcarthur.com

Thanks for the ideas, guys...these are all excellent. It's amazing how cute a toque becomes when it's miniature. :wink:

Maggie, I don't embroider (though I sew a mean patch and a secure button), but that's a really good idea. One of the friends involved is quite creative and crafty, and he might be able to pull something off.

"We had dry martinis; great wing-shaped glasses of perfumed fire, tangy as the early morning air." - Elaine Dundy, The Dud Avocado

Queenie Takes Manhattan

Do you want exclusively cooking-themed, or is food-themed okay? I was just in the Chinatown Ice Cream Factory tonight and they have some really tiny shirts for sale. That's got to be cooler than a Charlie Trotter shirt.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want exclusively cooking-themed, or is food-themed okay? I was just in the Chinatown Ice Cream Factory tonight and they have some really tiny shirts for sale. That's got to be cooler than a Charlie Trotter shirt.

Food-themed is probably ok, too...I've told my friends all about the thread I started in their honor...thanks, you guys, for all the awesome suggestions!!

Queenie Takes Manhattan