• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Suvir if you want good Fetoosh you should go to some of the Lebanese restaurants in Washington DC- Fetoush being one of them! (sp. may be diferent), Lebanese Taverna and Neyla. The trick is to add the crisped pita bread at the end as it gets really soggy otherwise.

Thanks also for the restaurant names. When in DC next I will make a point of visiting them. :biggrin:

• 4 years later...
I used to make musbacha, a type of hummus made with kala channa (smaller, thick-skinned chickpeas).  Only some of the chickpeas are processed with the tahini, garlic, salt and lemon juice.  A lot of chopped parsley is folded in, and the mixture is left for awhile to develop flavor and is then added to the rest of the cooked whole chickpeas along with chopped up jalapeno, more chopped garlic and lemon juice and olive oil.  I like the textural variation in this version and the kala channa are delicious.  (You can also make this with regular chickpeas.)

I finally had a chance to make musbacha tonight eager to try an excellent Tohum tahini highly recommended by Ana Sortun. The recipe of course came from Paula Wolfert.

musbacha_1.jpg

I used to make musbacha, a type of hummus made with kala channa (smaller, thick-skinned chickpeas).  Only some of the chickpeas are processed with the tahini, garlic, salt and lemon juice.  A lot of chopped parsley is folded in, and the mixture is left for awhile to develop flavor and is then added to the rest of the cooked whole chickpeas along with chopped up jalapeno, more chopped garlic and lemon juice and olive oil.  I like the textural variation in this version and the kala channa are delicious.  (You can also make this with regular chickpeas.)

I finally had a chance to make musbacha tonight eager to try an excellent Tohum tahini highly recommended by Ana Sortun. The recipe of course came from Paula Wolfert.

musbacha_1.jpg

Tarelki, that looks beautiful! Thanks for bumping this topic back up from its 5-year sleep, and welcome to eGullet!

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

I've tried this same recipe from Paula's book before. It is very good! I even went the extra step and peeled the chickpeas (well most of them). Did you do that or just left them on?

E. Nassar
Houston, TX

My Blog