• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

35 minutes ago, andiesenji said:

Grape knife.  Use for harvesting grapes.  I have one I used to use when I had currant bushes, perfect for cutting the bunches off at the stem. 

A similar knife is used for cutting greens.  

I know they grow a lot of grapes in your area because there was a segment on PBS "slow food international" about the grape harvest in a tourist resort that has a grape tasting event.  

Found a reference to it.  

Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 11.27.23 AM.png

Despite that rather strange report, grape production is negligible here. I'm sorry but your information is bunk. The overwhelming majority of grapes in China come from Xinjiang in the far west of China which is nearer to Europe than to here. 

I visit the town mentioned in that link at least two or three times a month. Never seen grapes or heard anyone talking about them. I think someone has swallowed an over-optimistic press release. Your link is to a notorious government owned propaganda site full of happy smiling peasants.

I would bet everything that it isn't a grape knife. Who is going to manufacture and sell a grape knife targeted at a place with next to no grapes?

liuzhou

liuzhou

28 minutes ago, andiesenji said:

Grape knife.  Use for harvesting grapes.  I have one I used to use when I had currant bushes, perfect for cutting the bunches off at the stem. 

I know they grow a lot of grapes in your area because there was a segment on PBS "slow food international" about the grape harvest in a tourist resort that has a grape tasting event.  

Found a reference to it.  

Despite that rather strange report, grape production is negligible here. I'm sorry but your information is bunk. Most grapes in China come from Xinjiang which is nearer to Europe than to here. 

I visit the town mentioned in that link at least two or three times a month. Never seen grapes or heard anyone talking about them. I think someone has swallowed an over-optimistic press release. Your link is to a notorious government owned propaganda site full of happy smiling peasants.

I would bet everything that it isn't a grape knife. Who is going to manufacture and sell a grape knife targeted at a place with next to no grapes?

liuzhou

liuzhou

25 minutes ago, andiesenji said:

Found a reference to it.  

Despite that rather strange report, grape production is negligible here. I'm sorry but your information is bunk. Most grapes in China come from Xinjiang which is nearer to Europe than to here. 

I visit the town mentioned in that link at least two or three times a month. Never seen grapes or heard anyone talking about them. I think someone has swallowed an over-optimistic press release. Your link is to a notorious propaganda site full of happy smiling peasants.

liuzhou

liuzhou

24 minutes ago, andiesenji said:

Found a reference to it.  

I visit the town mentioned in that link at least two or three times a month. Never seen grapes or heard anyone talking about them. I think someone has swallowed an over-optimistic press release. Your link ios to a notorious propaganda site.

liuzhou

liuzhou

18 minutes ago, andiesenji said:

Found a reference to it.  

I visit the town mentioned in that link at least two or three times a month. Never seen grapes or heard anyone talking about them. I think someone has swallowed an over-optimistic press release.