• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Anything worth eating near BNF Tolbiac?

VivreManger

We are meeting a friend for lunch and he is free to meet us anywhere. Unfortunately we have to do some work at the Bibliotheque Nationale de France Mitterand, which is on the line 14 in the 13th arondisement. Last time I was there about 5 or 6 years ago, it was desolate. Anything open up nearby the library which is worth going to for a good, if not superb lunch?

We are meeting a friend for lunch and he is free to meet us anywhere.  Unfortunately we have to do some work at the Bibliotheque Nationale de France Mitterand, which is on the line 14 in the 13th arondisement.  Last time I was there about 5 or 6 years ago, it was desolate.  Anything open up nearby the library which is worth going to for a good, if not superb lunch?

I'm afraid not. I've been to A la douceur Angevine and was not impressed. There are a couple of new places on the Southwest corner of the Library but I've not been inside. I suggest you get back on the handy-dandy #14 and high youself back to the right bank fast or schlep up to l'Ourcine .

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

L'Avant Gout?

Anti-alcoholics are unfortunates in the grip of water, that terrible poison, so corrosive that out of all substances it has been chosen for washing and scouring, and a drop of water added to a clear liquid like Absinthe, muddles it." ALFRED JARRY

blog

How about taking the 14 line two stops to Bercy and changing to the 6, and then to Place d'Italie, and trying L'Avant Gout?  I haven't been there, but it sounds great.

It's quite OK and was written up in the March Paris Notes by Rosa Jackson in her Paris Bites.

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris

How about taking the 14 line two stops to Bercy and changing to the 6, and then to Place d'Italie, and trying L'Avant Gout?  I haven't been there, but it sounds great.

It's quite OK and was written up in the March Paris Notes by Rosa Jackson in her Paris Bites.

I loved it and have always wanted to go back. The chef, Christophe Beaufort, was written up in today's Figaroscope in a piece they did about their 7 favorite Parisian chefs.

www.parisnotebook.wordpress.com