• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Thai Essence in Nutley

Wiener

Ate there Friday night.  It was OK.  Friendly service, no complaints.

I happened to dine here, last year. My impression was the same: Just OK.

You're confusing this with Little Siagon. Thai Essence just opened at the end of the Summer of 2005. It is a lovely little place. Good food, clean, pleasant and comfortable. Never feel rushed. Always welcomed with eager to please waitstaff. It is a nice change of pace.

Nutley Resident

-------------------------

Proud to be American

Proud to be a Nutley Township Resident

Ate there Friday night.  It was OK.  Friendly service, no complaints.

I happened to dine here, last year. My impression was the same: Just OK.

You're confusing this with Little Siagon. Thai Essence just opened at the end of the Summer of 2005. It is a lovely little place. Good food, clean, pleasant and comfortable. Never feel rushed. Always welcomed with eager to please waitstaff. It is a nice change of pace.

The place I dined at was on Washington Ave..

You're probably thinking of Orchid, which is on Washington Ave. near the bridge to Lyndhurst. I agree...just OK. I thought Thai Essence was quite a bit better, but have only checked out their limited lunch menu. There was a small thread on it here.

I was referring to Thai Essence on Franklin Avenue next to the Nutley Camera shop. It was OK. Have had much better Thai elsewhere but agree that the service was very pleasant and the decor was clean and simple. I wouldn't mind having those colors and designs in my house. I will be returning nevertheless as I live nearby.

Heuriger Wein is mein Lieblingswein!

You're probably thinking of Orchid, which is on Washington Ave. near the bridge to Lyndhurst. I agree...just OK. I thought Thai Essence was quite a bit better, but have only checked out their limited lunch menu. There was a small thread on it here.

Yes, That was the restaurant I was referring to..Typical thai fare, and not that memorable.