• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

tiny bubbles

Trishiad

I just got the cutest candy bar molds with my logo on them. Unfortunately, they are very detailed and sort of shallow so whacking them on the counter doesn't seem to be the best way to release bubbles. I don't want to paint the chocolate in. I do want to vibrate the bubbles out. Any ideas for a make-shift vibrating table or somewhere to buy one for less than $50?

Set the sheet on 4 cell phones set to vibrate mode and call all 4?

Alternatively, if you paint them in slightly, that should be enough--even though that's not your favorite method.

I always attempt to have the ratio of my intelligence to weight ratio be greater than one. But, I am from the midwest. I am sure you can now understand my life's conundrum.

Look around for a cartridge case cleaner, brand name Lyman I would think. Nimrods use them to clean brass cartridge cases. They have a big bowl on the top to which a piece of plywood could easily be fastened and the molds fastened to that.

Ahem... there are plenty more vibrators on Amazon for far less money than the Hitachi one. I saw one for 69 cents!!  :huh:

True, but they aren't as satisfying as one you pull start.

I always attempt to have the ratio of my intelligence to weight ratio be greater than one. But, I am from the midwest. I am sure you can now understand my life's conundrum.

Yeah you're right. And this is the best season for them too. Try the big department stores--it'll likely be a heated massager thing to put onto your car seat or desk chair y'know?. They always sell bunches of them around Christmas.

Like this kinda, the fourth one down? But you wanna be sure you can turn off the heat. But truly this is the season for oodles of these to be on the market.

Edited by K8memphis (log)