• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

WTN: 2004 Charles Joguet Chinon Rose

Brad Ballinger

2004 Charles Joguet Chinon Rose. With the weather in Minnesota turning more chilly and damp (it will be time to fire up the furnace soon), I figured I should hurry and drink up this bottle of pink still wine. While it is a wine that would indeed be a joy on a sunny summer day or evening, this is no mere deck-sipping pinky. Lovely pink color that leans more on the lavender/vin gris side of pink than the salmon/rose side of pink. The nose showcases floral (think violets) and mineral aromas along with wild strawberry. In the mouth, the wine is dry dry dry. It's mineral at the core with some floral, herb, spice, and tart berry fruit. Some people may find the wine too tart while others will relish it for that. Finishes with a stony minerality nuanced with strawberry and citrus. This would be a good accompaniment to many fish and shellfish dishes.

We cannot employ the mind to advantage when we are filled with excessive food and drink - Cicero

This sounds so good I looked it up on wine-searcher . . . but only found one store in Florida carrying it!  Bummer.  Where did you get it?

At a shop in Minneapolis called Surdyks.

Edited to add: I should also mention the wine is imported by Kermit Lynch. So whichever wholesaler(s) have the Kermit Lynch portfolio can probably get it.

Edited by Brad Ballinger (log)

We cannot employ the mind to advantage when we are filled with excessive food and drink - Cicero