• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Slaughtered Lamb

GaijinGirl

Just *in case* anyone was tempted - just recently got dragged to the Slaughtered Lamb (which I have mildly liked years ago) and it's gone seriously downhill.

Sticky tables, very slow service, no glass with the beer, watered down cocktail, and music so loud it made my teeth ache. Just so it's on record...! My husband (the brewer) made me go, and he didn't like it, either.

--Janet (GG)

Edited by GaijinGirl (log)

Mochi, Foi Thong and Rojak - what more can a girl want from life?

http://www.frombruneiandbeyond.com

Wasn't "The Slaughtered Lamb" the name of one of the pubs on the moors in the film American Werewolf in London?

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Yep, and that's what this one was named after. It's part of a series of restaurant/pubs owned by the same company that does the theme restaurant Jekyll and Hyde. They used to have one called Night Gallery, too, but I believe that closed.

My husband originally liked the Slaughtered Lamb (in the Village) when he was first getting into beer, because they have a slightly better selection than your average bar. Since then, he's discovered beer bars with much more depth.

But - used to be Slaughtered Lamb at least was a cute night out. Now it's a nasty, overexpensive dive. (Or am I being too critical?) :hmmm:

Edited by GaijinGirl (log)

Mochi, Foi Thong and Rojak - what more can a girl want from life?

http://www.frombruneiandbeyond.com