• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Crawfish Fest this weekend--Sussex County

pennbrew

Actually, no matter how you slice it up, that many bands for that price is pretty much of a bargain. The Meters regularly get $30 or better in small venues here in New Orleans like the House of Blues and Tipitinas and Sonny is often that much (and worth it at many times the price).

The Jazz Fest in New Orleans used to be even more of an extreme bargain, and ticket prices have climbed steeply in the last few years, as a gate ticket as late as $92 was going for $12 in advance and something like $14 at the gate.

I was looking on line at music venues and there is a place in Baltimore, The Funk Box, that might as well be here. Jon Cleary, The Meters, The Iguanas, The Subdudes, The Rebirth, The Radiators, etc.

Were I a resident of Baltimore, there would be a bar stool with my name on it in that place.

As far as the food aspect goes, where else would you have even had a chance to try that stuff up there on that particular day, especially with all of the music going on?

Well, I guess when it comes down to it, I'd take the flight and book the hotel in order to experience Jazzfest again but I know I wouldn't drive the 20 minutes to go to Crawfish Fest again. Not commenting on the music, as that's not the reason I went -- went for the grub-- and after all, this is a food board. My partner that day and I discussed how glad we were that we had been down to Jazzfest first and sampled the fare there... because if it had been the other way around, we would have had little motivation to get our butts down to NO after the not so great taste that was left in our mouths on Saturday. Different strokes...

OK, did I miss something? No one commented on the just plain ol' crawfish!

That pic had me craving them, and all I see mentioned here are the "crawfish ettouffe", "crawfish bread", "crawfish beignets" and "crawfish bisque"...

Were they not available just boiled or steamed?

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne

OK, did I miss something?  No one commented on the just plain ol' crawfish! 

That pic had me craving them, and all I see mentioned here are the "crawfish ettouffe", "crawfish bread", "crawfish beignets" and "crawfish bisque"...

Were they not available just boiled or steamed?

Yes, they had boiled crawfish available by the plateful.

Blessed are those who engage in lively conversation with the helplessly mute, for they shall be called, "Dentists." (anonymous)

Life is too short for bad Caesar Salad. (Me)

Why would you poison yourself by eating a non-organic apple? (HL)