• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

California diners

rjwong

Caroline

Could in be Phil's Diner?

Look here

A little creative googling shows a photo of Phil's here:

click

Wow - you guys are great! I'll wait to confirm with the ex, but damn if that don't look like it. And in the right neighborhood, too! Now I'm nostalgic for diner food... :wub:

edited to add - I just GoogleMapped Phil's and see that the Chandler & Vineland address sits RIGHT on a railroad line so it might be the place. Keeping fingers crossed...

Edited by Carolyn Tillie (log)

Thank you Toureg and RJ -- you guys hit the nail on the head! Ex-B-friend just called and a little more creative googling found this amazing picture.

Now I am terribly sad that it is out of business -- but thank you so much for the memory of it! I had completely forgotten about it until it was brought back here.

Pretty cool place though, huh?

Edited by Carolyn Tillie (log)

Thank you Tourag and RJ -- you guys hit the nail on the head! Ex-B-friend just called and a little more creative googling found this amazing picture.

Now I am terribly sad that it is out of business -- but thank you so much for the memory of it! I had completely forgotten about it until it was brought back here.

Pretty cool place though, huh?

When you first mentioned it might be in WeHo I thought you was trippin on acid at the time. It was the valley location that jiggled my memory. :biggrin:

Caroline

Could in be Phil's Diner?

Look here

A little creative googling shows a photo of Phil's here:

click

Wow - you guys are great! I'll wait to confirm with the ex, but damn if that don't look like it. And in the right neighborhood, too! Now I'm nostalgic for diner food... :wub:

edited to add - I just GoogleMapped Phil's and see that the Chandler & Vineland address sits RIGHT on a railroad line so it might be the place. Keeping fingers crossed...

Now see, that place looks like the real deal ... albeit a very run-down real deal. Alas, the site touregsand found mentions that the place is closed, with a "For Rent" sign in the window. :sad: