• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Concannon Vineyard wine sale

CtznCane

For anyone interested, Concannon is having thier annual Founders Day Sale this weekend. Though they open at 11 for sales, they will open up to start the line at 10. The sale, up till now has just been for wine club members to take advantage of early on.

The prices for their wines can't be beat. I already bought a case of their petite sirah, cabernet sauv, syrah, and 3 cases of their pinot noir. (All their central coast label. I actually got one of each and went back to get 2 more pinot noir. Over the last couple years, the new owners (The Wine Group) have been trying to change their label and bottles. The wines though are good and at the prices they have spectacular. The cab sauv, and syrah is $36 a case, the pinot noir $48 a case, and the Petit Sirah $60 a case. The pinot is exceptionally good. The petit sirah is good and so is the syrah. The cab I'm not crazy about but, I'm typically not as crazy about cab sauv yet still for the price it can't be beat.

Thought I'd mention it for any of youi that might be in the Livermore area. THeir Founder's day sale has sold out quickly each of the last 3 years.

This is a point too for wine clubs. Concannon's is nice in that members get the first jump on this sale as well.

Charles a food and wine addict - "Just as magic can be black or white, so can addictions be good, bad or neither. As long as a habit enslaves it makes the grade, it need not be sinful as well." - Victor Mollo