• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wine in St. Martin

wkl

I debated if I should post this on the Carribean forum or here, but decided to start here because this board is much more active.

I'm headed to St Martin the first of March and am wondering what the retail wine offerings are like.Sounds like the grocery stores and shops have plenty of wine, but I'm wondering what I'll find.

Are there new vintages?Will I find Burgundy,Bordeaux, Alsatians?Should I bring some of my own stuff if I can't survive more than a few days without a Burgundy fix?Do I need to be careful of heat damaged wines because of the heat there?Anybody have any store recomendations?

I'll be on the French side.If this needs to be moved to the travel forum, no problem.

Thanks in advance.

The Old Liquor Store in Phillipsburg is a good place to look for wine. Theres also several decent places on the French side in Marigot. I'd also ask Bourdain. The main supermarket there, RAMs, has a pretty decent wine and liquor selection as well.

Good shopping suggestions also here:

http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=8362

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host