• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

uniforms - jackets, pants, shoes

JeanneCake

Wendy.....

I too hate almost any chef pants that are out there. Not that they're bad of course......it's just that my body doesn't wear them well. I always thought the baggies that tapered at the ankle were

most comfortable, but they sure aren't "complimentary", if you know what I mean.

I gave up on uniform pants. My preferred "bottom wear" at work is cotton/lycra leggings.....like

what you'd wear to the gym. Ultra comfy......they move with you.....no binding....no having to

pull them up when you bend down etc. A pair of black leggings under a chef's jacket and apron

looks pretty smart too.

Just a thought...... :smile:

culinary classics has new bootcut pants for women. they're offering them in custom inseams. they also have women's chef coats in different lengths as well!

I've purchased Culinary Classic's bootcut pant. I like them fine while I'm standing but when I bend over they don't. They give me plumbers crack.........(sorry not nice, but it is the truth). I don't have that issue with any other pants I've ever owned both chef clothing or street clothing.

I've recently purchased several pairs of cargo pants from chef wear. I do wish they had a boot cut bottom. But the pant is very comfortable and somewhat wrinkle resistant.

I've purchased Culinary Classic's bootcut pant. I like them fine while I'm standing but when I bend over they don't. They give me plumbers crack.........(sorry not nice, but it is the truth). I don't have that issue with any other pants I've ever owned both chef clothing or street clothing.

I have the same problem with those pants, Wendy. I love the style, and the fact that I can get a custom inseam (hooray, no floods!), but it bugs me that if I wanted a back pocket, I'd have to pay another $10 or something like that to get it on the bootcut pant. I think if I order from them again (again, for the length), I'll get the regular chef's pant. I think that the extra room in the thighs and seat will accommodate my pastry buns better. :biggrin:

"I just hate health food"--Julia Child

Jennifer Garner

buttercream pastries