• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Congratulations to Jeff Tunks

DonRocks

Wow! But no pictures? I'm a sucker for "before" and "after" shots.

After having snacked in two of his restaurants tonight, I imagine it would be very difficult to cut back. Everything we had - from black bean soup at Ceiba to beef satay at Ten Penh - was great (tho I have heartburn now - yes, I know, TMI), but the best thing? Those churros with hot chocolate at Ceiba. Finger-licking good. The kind of dessert for which I'd gladly consider gaining a pound - or five.

Wow!  But no pictures?  I'm a sucker for "before" and "after" shots.

See the front page of today's food section. Lesson #1 - all black is definitely more slimming that Chef's Whites.

Edited by bilrus (log)

Bill Russell

I am reminded of Michel Richard's comment on his own weight in the recent Gourmet article, "I am too busy to think about what not to eat."

Oh, J[esus]. You may be omnipotent, but you are SO naive!

- From the South Park Mexican Starring Frog from South Sri Lanka episode

• 2 weeks later...