• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Private Room on Capitol Hill

I'm coordinating a smallish gathering on Saturday 11/6 and am looking for a venue on Capitol Hill (yes, it must be on Capitol Hill) for a group of between 15-20 folks to meet for dinner and drinks. Hoping for a private room. Also hoping to find a place that will work with us to develop a fixed-price-esque menu so that everyone has two or three appetizers/entrees/desserts from which to choose but the payment process at the end of the night is as simple as possible. Need to accomodate a wide range of dining preferences including vegetarian. I've been in touch with the Capitol Club. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

I'm coordinating a smallish gathering on Saturday 11/6 and am looking for a venue on Capitol Hill (yes, it must be on Capitol Hill) for a group of between 15-20 folks to meet for dinner and drinks.  Hoping for a private room.  Also hoping to find a place that will work with us to develop a fixed-price-esque menu so that everyone has two or three appetizers/entrees/desserts from which to choose but the payment process at the end of the night is as simple as possible.  Need to accomodate a wide range of dining preferences including vegetarian.  I've been in touch with the Capitol Club. Any other suggestions?  Thanks!

The food is just .. okay, but they do have a room (which is desperately hard to find on Cap Hill).. try

Galerias

611 Broadway Ave E

Seattle, WA 98102

206-322-5757

-Kate

-----------

My food blog:

Accidental Hedonist - Food, travel and other irrelevent irreverence

I'm coordinating a smallish gathering on Saturday 11/6 and am looking for a venue on Capitol Hill (yes, it must be on Capitol Hill) for a group of between 15-20 folks to meet for dinner and drinks.  Hoping for a private room.  Also hoping to find a place that will work with us to develop a fixed-price-esque menu so that everyone has two or three appetizers/entrees/desserts from which to choose but the payment process at the end of the night is as simple as possible.  Need to accomodate a wide range of dining preferences including vegetarian.  I've been in touch with the Capitol Club. Any other suggestions?  Thanks!

not sure what your budget is...capitol club is the obvious answer - so i hope it works out for you...they're a little slow to reply via email - but nice when they do.

1200 bistro might rent you the back (restaurant) part - they have a bar and a restaurant that are nicely separated - the room is probably too big - might seat 40, but your order is a tall one...so i'm not sure where you stand on compromises. the food is good, and i think would be even better with the structure and focus a prix fixe would allow. i just have no idea if they'd do it.

from overheard in new york:

Kid #1: Paper beats rock. BAM! Your rock is blowed up!

Kid #2: "Bam" doesn't blow up, "bam" makes it spicy. Now I got a SPICY ROCK! You can't defeat that!

--6 Train

I would check out Tango. They have a very cool private room. Not sure of the capacity--maybe 20?

http://www.bandoleone.net/tango/tinfo.htm

"Save Donald Duck and Fuck Wolfgang Puck."

-- State Senator John Burton, joking about

how the bill to ban production of foie gras in

California was summarized for signing by

Gov. Schwarzenegger.

Thanks for the speedy recommendations. As always, eG's didn't let me down!

I have Tango on hold and, although the Capitol Club's Blue Room was already booked, I'm still considering it anyway (couple of tables pushed up to the large banquette in the back). I'm going to look into 1200 Bistro as well. Thanks, all!

tango is a great room. i went there with a group and they did a spur of the moment meal for us that was excellent. i think 20 would be a bit tight - 15 is about perfect.

from overheard in new york:

Kid #1: Paper beats rock. BAM! Your rock is blowed up!

Kid #2: "Bam" doesn't blow up, "bam" makes it spicy. Now I got a SPICY ROCK! You can't defeat that!

--6 Train

tango is a great room. i went there with a group and they did a spur of the moment meal for us that was excellent. i think 20 would be a bit tight - 15 is about perfect.

One great thing about the room at Tango is that while it's private, you don't feel cut off from the restaurant.

"Save Donald Duck and Fuck Wolfgang Puck."

-- State Senator John Burton, joking about

how the bill to ban production of foie gras in

California was summarized for signing by

Gov. Schwarzenegger.