• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wine on the Web -- SF Chronicle

Squeat Mungry

Article here.

That constant need for new information is why wine and the Web go together like Stilton and port. Not only can you locate retailers of rare wines online, but you can also find out what that old bottle in your cellar is worth; plan your Wine Country vacation; find a dream job in the wine industry; or even meet the love of your life.

Type the word "wine" into a search engine and some 30 million results will appear. How do you choose from that ocean of vinous bytes? Well, we've done the work for you: here are the top picks for the best wine sites.

They give a brief description of over three dozen sites, from the obvious to things like wine country vacations, vintage charts, wine radio on the web, etc.

Cheers,

Squeat

Thanks, Squeat! I already had about half of those sites bookmarked (and have long been a contributor on Robin Garr's site), but who knew how many other really cool ones existed?

I feel an article brewing in my head for TDG, when it comes back online...

Squeat:

Great article - thanks!

They missed this site though Bum Wine Reviews

:laugh:

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Squeat:

Great article - thanks!

They missed this site though Bum Wine Reviews

:laugh:

Katie,

Thanks for that link. I had seen it a couple of years ago and it is good to visit it to see what the fine folks who produce Gallo Sonoma, Red Bicyclette, Peter Vella, Livingston Cellars, Turning Leaf, Ballatore, etc, and those who produce Ravenswood, Franciscan, Estancia, Blackstone, Simi, Hardy's, Banrock Station, Almaden, Alice White, Paul Masson, Talus, etc. turn out for those less fortunate than we who drink and market fine wines.

Hmmm.....

Phil

I have never met a miserly wine lover