• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Ashen

Ashen

worth it for us just on Gas. My wife works across the road from it.   average at least 100$ per year savings in gas alone.  meat isn't really a savings factor, but quality is much better than supermarkets here.   Cheese can be huge savings.  Feta , parm, brie, balderson cheddar.   Baking supplies  and spices often huge savings.   If you are willing to wait , they often have huge discounts on high end  small appliances.  kitchenaid mixers, blendtec blenders, nespresso machines.   Return policy is crazy good too.  we had a holder tab break off on a drop bowl for kitchenaid mixer we bought there.  phone kitchenaid and the support guy told us just to box everything up and take it to costco , instead of waiting for kitchenaid to do something.  Walked in and within 15 mins we were walking out with a new in the box unit.   I think their electronics policy might have  changed but they used to double manufacturers warranty on most electronics   .. called concierge program in Canada. Not sure about other countries. 

http://www.costco.ca/concierge.html

Ashen

Ashen

worth it for us just on Gas. My wife works across the road from their.   average at least 100$ per year savings in gas alone.  meat isn't really a savings factor, but quality is much better than supermarkets here.   Cheese can be huge savings.  Feta , parm, brie, balderson cheddar.   Baking supplies  and spices often huge savings.   If you are willing to wait , they often have huge discounts on high end  small appliances.  kitchenaid mixers, blendtec blenders, nespresso machines.   Return policy is crazy good too.  we had a holder tab break off on a drop bowl for kitchenaid mixer we bought there.  phone kitchenaid and the support guy told us just to box everything up and take it to costco , instead of waiting for kitchenaid to do something.  Walked in and within 15 mins we were walking out with a new in the box unit.   I think their electronics policy might have  changed but they used to double manufacturers warranty on most electronics   .. called concierge program in Canada. Not sure about other countries. 

http://www.costco.ca/concierge.html