• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Help with Asian Style BBQ pork

ducphat30

Irwin, I asked my question right before I left for vacation. Now that I'm back, I wanted to say thanks. Huge thanks.

Red Cooked Pork is something that I've been trying to duplicate at home for years. Now I know :smile:

scott123:

There was something ironical considering that our most popular selling items to our Chinese customers at the "Hong Kong Lindys" Restaurant with the exception of Prime Rib, Deli Items and Peppered Carpetbag Steak was "NYC Asian Barbecued Pork Ribs" and "Char Broiled Marinated Pork Fillet" both of them hadn't been served in Hong Kong before being put on the Lindy's Menu. The customers enjoyed this NYC Asian type of food. I'm pretty sure that even now it's only the Char Sui Pork thats prepared that way at most Roast Shops or Restaurants.

Please post and let us know how your, "Red Cooked Pork" came out.

Irwin

I don't say that I do. But don't let it get around that I don't.