• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

lotusland vineyards

I've tried the wines from Lotusland. OK wines, neat packaging. Where can you buy them?

The Pinot Noir was close to crap. Why do people keep trying to produce this grape? It's notoriously difficult and expensive to grow properly, and evolves through some terrible stages in the bottle, even from the best regions. I just don't get why up and coming wineries even attempt it.

They make two Gewurztraminers and both of them are good. The sweeter one, "River Rock Terrace", has a more typical aromatic Gewurz. nose but has a bit too much residual sugar for the acid and body. The other one is much better balanced, but lacks some varietal character.

I think they also make a Pinot Blanc, or was it Gris? Apparently not a memorable wine.

i know you can buy them at the steamworks wine store as well as other private stores one in kits as well, but they are not in prov stores as of yet, pretty sure they have a web-site listing all restaurants and stores where they can be found

I think their Gewurtraminer's are worth trying. I haven't tried any other varietals myself. Lotusland is a rebranding of a winery located in Abbotsford, can't remember the original name.

Cheers,

Anne

The Lotus Land Gewurtraminer is acceptable but other that that I am not impressed with these wines. On a positive note when I visited the vineyard in Abbotsford it seemed the organic route was still their passion. Great re-branding for this property.

"who needs a wine list when you can get pissed on dessert" Gordon Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares 2005

MY BLOG

Kitsilano Wine Cellar on 4th Ave (between Yew and Vine) sells both of the Gewurtraminers. My husband and I are both big fans of Gewurtraminer, and although we enjoyed the wine, we were not overly impressed with either of them.