• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Recipe for Mexican Martini?

jerkhouse

Does anyone have a good recipe for a Mexican Martini? I know they are similar to margaritas, but I'm not sure exactly what makes them different; does anyone have a recipe? They're so good; I'd love to know how to make them at home.

2 oz Tequila

1 1/2 oz Cointreau

2 oz Sweet and Sour Mix

1 oz Lime Juice

2 oz Orange Juice

1 splash Sprite

2 Olives

Pour all ingredients into a large cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake and strain into a large cocktail/martini glass (8+ ounces) with a salt rim. Add two olives on a spear, and serve.

here is the source for the recipe for this drink

It does look terrific!! :biggrin:

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

First, welcome to eG jerkhouse. :cool:

The Newest Cocktails

These exciting drinks are popping up on many Martini bar menus, making the menu fun to read while you consider which cocktail to order! Within the Dessert Martini category, I have seen some featured within the restaurant dining room’s Dessert Entrée menu. On an interesting bartending note, many cocktails are comprised of the most unlikely of ingredients making startling combinations that are sure to surprise you. Who would guess that a neutral vodka and hazelnut liqueur when combined with a hint of lemon tastes like chocolate cake? (* Denotes recipe is included).

Duh:

This is creativity overload, and perhaps when it has gone awry.

Tequila-tini: a Margarita; Hangover-tini: a Bloody Mary

Evolving Cocktails, Part I

For the most part, it is simply a Margarita in a cocktail glass. :rolleyes:

Cheers!

TYPOS! :angry:

Edited by beans (log)