• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Portland Maine and New Brunswick

Eats

I had asked about restaurants in Portland a while back and got some nice responses... Check out the topic "Portland Restaurants" farther on down the list. From those replies I have tried Mim's Brasserie on Commercial St. and enjoyed it. Actually, in the Old Port area you will find many places to eat. I have heard Cinque Terra can be good. Fore St. is one everybody raves about.

I live up near Rockland, Maine so I am a fan of Primo's... probably the best restaurant in Maine in my view.

Been to Hugo's yet, skeeter?

I haven't been to Primo myself, but I know I'll be making the long drive sometime soon. Too many raves to not make a special trip to Rockland from Portland.

"Democracy is that system of government under which the people…pick out a Coolidge to be head of the State. It is as if a hungry man, set before a banquet prepared by master cooks and covering a table an acre in area, should turn his back upon the feast and stay his stomach by catching and eating flies." H. L. Mencken