• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

TDG: First Drunk

Suzanne F

My first major drunk episode was a Christmas Dance at college, Sophomore year. Vodka and canned orange juice. Served warm...WAY too much vodka, not enough munchables. The third floor Robinson-Falconio boys (hosts) were heavy-handed, wristed, and elbowed that night as they poured the poison. Semi-woke up in mid-vomit.....(NOT a good thing...) and my room-mate woke me enough to get my head in my shower caddy/bucket to ralph. Next morning....mixture plastered in hair....smelling like death....breath as pleasant as a water buffalo's fart....I wanted to....die. When you're 19 you bounce back fast. A couple cokes and a greasy dining hall sausage and egg brekkie and I was at it again the next night. :rolleyes: Ah....YOOT!! :biggrin:

Edited by Pickles (log)

first of all, i am so past thirty i dont remember it. and second, my first drunk was my freshman yr of college and, (i know this has a high yack factor, sorry) the drunk was caused by the drinking of black russians. 16 of them to be exact. and every one of those black russians was accompanied by 3 marischino (i know that is spelled wrong) cherries. so, i still dont know if it was the vodka, the kalhua, or the cherries that caused it (my money is on the kahlua/cherry sugar combo), but it is really a miracle i am alive today.

hurl-o-rama!

xo

"Animal crackers and cocoa to drink

That is the finest of suppers, I think

When I'm grown up and can have what I please,

I think I shall always insist upon these"

*Christopher Morley

This is bringing back some great memories!

I was 14, a freshman in highschool. It was New Years Eve and my mom gave my friend and I a curfew of 10:30. Bethany and I went to my cousins house and "pounded" budwiser pounders! We had no idea we were going to drink, but they were there... anyway we each had about 5, but then we had to head home to make curfew. Don't remember much after that. I do know that when I arrived at home, I seranaded my mom by singing "Lady in Red" to her. Then she accused me of being drunk (I don't know what would make her think that :P). I, of course, denied it, THEN threw up in front of her! Very messy night.

The best part was that the next day my mom threw a huge New Years Day party at my house for my extended family. About an hour before the party was to begin, my friend and I saw my dog licking the cake my mom had spent hours making! Well, after getting my dog away from the cake we decided that it still looked good, and never told my mom! I was in so much trouble there was no way that I would have told her! She would have been even more upset! Poor guest... they never knew the cake had been taste tested by our dog!

• 3 months later...

My first drunk was in 1987 in Boothbay Harbor, Maine. My friend and I spent the summer living in his Volvo Station Wagon, working at Maine Coast fish houses and tenting in campgrounds, or at parties. On the last day of our summer before we were to return to High School, after a shift at the Schooner, we crashed a party at a house where all the kids from the dinner theatre boarded. They were all moving out and packing, so they gave us a half-gallon of Vodka and kicked us out. We drove down the hill to another friends house and we drank the vodka mixed with ice water in huge tumblers. Guzzled it. This is a perfect drink if you should want to commit suicide.

The next day I went to the breakfast shift at 6AM still puking. I worked through the entire shift, despite the teasing of my co-workers. After the shift we were given glasses of champagne to celebrate the summer. I declined. When I was leaving I gave my girlfriend, who was a waitress at the restaurant, a kiss on the mouth. It tasted of champagne which was beautiful and delicious, but triggered a bout of nauseau that made me pull away. The next day I was back in school, far from Champagne kisses, dinner theatres, and fish houses.

They eat, they drink, and in communion sweet

Quaff immortality and joy.

--John Milton