• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Soda Biscuits

Huevos del Toro

I was just talking with a gentlemen who used to be a top salesman for a major soda company and he gave me a tip I'd never heard before.

Want biscuits that float off the plate? Replace the milk (on an equal volume basis) with 7-Up! The only caveat is you must eat them while they're hot, otherwise, when they cool, they will become dangerous weapons! :laugh:

Anyone going to try this?

REPORT PLEASE! :biggrin:

--------------

Bob Bowen

aka Huevos del Toro

I can't see why it wouldn't work. Bubbles are bubbles, no matter what their source is. Baking soda releases CO2 as well as a soft drink would.

Makes sense to me. I don't know about making lemon-lime biscuits, though.

I must be the dummy of all time. I just talked with my bartender and she looked at me like I was from another planet! "What?! You didn't know that?"

No, I didn't. And I thought I'd discovered something new. Go figure. I've obviously led a sheltered life.

Please...go back to what you were doing! :raz:

--------------

Bob Bowen

aka Huevos del Toro

Gah.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

Gah.

Thank you for participating! :laugh:

It's nearly time to drive down to Hong Kong Market Place.

What's with the "No pictures of the outside of the building"? Inside is OK but not the outside? No pics of the dragon dance? I'll comply but I think it's BS! I'm too damned old to be a rebel again! :laugh:

--------------

Bob Bowen

aka Huevos del Toro

Gah.

Thank you for participating! :laugh:

Righto.

Question:

From FistFullaRoux's comment, is 7-Up supposed to taste of lemon and lime? If so, why doesn't it?

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM