• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

NJ eGullet Chinese New Year Dinner at China 46

Kim WB

did anyone detect any sichuan peppercorns in any of the dishes?

The Spicy Capsicum Cellophane Noodles did, although those of us who are regulars had a discussion and acknowledgement between us that even China 46 has been reduced to using inferior quality sichaun peppercorn. It was decently made, but it featured more of the musty taste and less of the numbing than the best stuff.

Jon Lurie, aka "jhlurie"

Lauren, Joshua and I take this opportunity to thank you all for a lovely evening.

The company at the table was great fun!

The food was very tasty... especially the stuffed chicken and soup noodles.

The veggie dumplings were outstanding.

The capsicum noodles were very nice, and (unlike those served during another China 46 adventure) I could still taste the food to come.

I thought the shrimp/ham dish was a yawn, and doubt that I'll order the rice cakes again.

It was nice to be sitting at a table with such lovely and chatty ladies (I seem to remember some guys there, but memories of them fade so quickly that they don't count < s >)

I don't want to wait an entire year before we do this again.

Hmmm, I wonder if China 46 does a Pesach dinner <veg>

Why is all the fun in New Jersey???  The Northwest group never gets together  :sad:

Because New Jersey is where it's at! LOL!

Thanks for the positive words! On other nation-wide forums, I get laughed at because I live in NJ. All in good fun, but the name NJ always elicits comments!