• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hospices de Beaune Auction Prices Up

Craig Camp

Just in -"At the wine store this US customer will not purchase any 2003 French Bugundies", in fact the last time i purchased a case of  red and a case of white French burgndy, I used it for cooking it was that bad(1990 I think). -Dick

The last time I purchased a case of red and white burgundy was...last week. I just can 't justify the price of the domestic versions compared to what the A & P de Villaine costs. ...and I certainly won't use it for cooking, unless 'priming the cook' counts.

2003 looks to be the kind of Burgundy vintage that Parker wa\\is going to love. I say, let the points-chasers have it. I suppose I should be a bit more circumspect -- after all, I haven't tasted a single 2003 burg yet. But I'm planning on loading up on 2002s and 2001s.

Lee

--- Lee

Seattle