• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New way to enjoy sushi

I was just waiting for someone to post about this! Somehow, I knew it would the Klink.

Ack!

I won't bore you all with my rant about the objectification of women (any sane person would agree this is not a good advancement for womankind), but I will say this: body sushi is really gross and horribly unsanitary -- plastic wrap or not.

Sick and wrong, man.

A palate, like a mind, works better with exposure and education and is a product of its environment.

-- Frank Bruni

Do the women have labels on them: "Sealed for your Protection"?

Sorry. This is a new low in the objectification of women, and I find it remarkably sad that women would do this. Men, on the other hand would do it out of sheer stupidity. :wink:

Dean McCord

VarmintBites

Sorry.  This is a new low in the objectification of women, and I find it remarkably sad that women would do this.  Men, on the other hand would do it out of sheer stupidity.  :wink:

and this is worse than spreading your legs and having pictures taken how?

Oh, no, people take pictures of me all the time like that.

Dean McCord

VarmintBites

• 2 weeks later...
Men, on the other hand would do it out of sheer stupidity.  :wink:

Nope, they're getting paid just like the women.

"Seattle is now an equal-opportunity objectification city.

Not only can you eat sushi off naked women at the Bonzai restaurant every Saturday night — now you can eat it off naked men, too! "

God save Dan Savage. :wub:

edit: Here's Savage's relevent column from "Savage Love".

Edited by col klink (log)

Behold the beautiful woman underneath the sushi! What a wonderful life story she must have to share. To the right person. Unfortunately it is not me. Guess I'l have to settle for the yellowfin tuna. I am happy that my patronage has provided her with a means to express hrself and to provide the income her lifestyle demands.

Just out of curiousity, does anyone know exactly where the concept of naked sushi originated? I know it's not a Seattle thing, I'm just wondering how this all started...

Oddly enough, as a female I'm less offended by this than strip clubs and 15 year old pop stars prancing around half-naked.