• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Blend

tommy

Are they open yet? What was there before?

i don't think they're open yet. it used to be a bar/restaurant called "american grill" or something along those lines. that place hasn't been open for some time now.

Must be an Italian place. :rolleyes:

Are they open yet? What was there before?

i don't think they're open yet. it used to be a bar/restaurant called "american grill" or something along those lines. that place hasn't been open for some time now.

Must be an Italian place. :rolleyes:

:laugh:

this places looks like it might be interesting. it's one of the few places in ridgewood with a liquor license, which is good and bad i suppose.

1/ How did you find this website if they are not open yet? (Pretty impressive surfing job)

2/ Is this where that little Italian Bistro with Pizza was? Or is it something called Baja Cafe?

3/ Don't forget Joel's Malibu!! (Right across the street).

1/ How did you find this website if they are not open yet?  (Pretty impressive surfing job)

2/ Is this where that little Italian Bistro with Pizza was?  Or is it something called Baja Cafe?

3/ Don't forget Joel's Malibu!! (Right across the street).

1/ you should know by now that i'm a man of many talents. and they have a big sign out front.

2/ i don't recall the place being an italian bistro. you might be thinking of that Piazza place, which is still there, and still horrible.

3/ i'm not. in fact, with the recent talk on egullet, i'm itching to go back.

Why do they feel the need to describe their food as "tasty"?

Diner: "This food looks like ass!"

Server: "Oh, but it's tasty."

:huh:

and why is that descriptor different than a million others that restaurants use?

It's not, really. I just find it odd when restaurants try to describe the overall 'taste' of their food.

Delicious. Yummy. Appetizing. Flavorsome. Palatable.

As if they somehow feel the need to differentiate themselves from those restaurants that might be inclined to describe their food as sickening, nauseating, repulsive or tasteless.

Sherri A. Jackson

I walked by there yesterday while shopping in Ridgewood, and peaked into the window. It looks like they are far away from being open. Based on their current state of construction, I would think that it will not open until after the holidays. This space includes a first-floor former dance studio and a basement level bar formerly American Grill, Russian White House and old time favorite Chester Drawers.

It should be interesting when it does open-I hope it will be worth the wait.

• 2 months later...

Anything new to report about this restaurant? I looked at their website and there doesn't seem to be anything new there...

Anthony

"It's better to burn out than to fade away"-Neil Young

"I think I hear a dingo eating your baby"-Bart Simpson

• 6 months later...

I just got an email saying that Blend is opening on July 5, with the Grand opening July 7th....

"It's better to burn out than to fade away"-Neil Young

"I think I hear a dingo eating your baby"-Bart Simpson

do we think this place will be interesting at all? do we think it will even make it? from what it sounds like, it's going to be a soho-y lounge-y place with music and dancing in one section at least, and food in some other area. i'm not sure it's going to fit in very well in ridgewood. although it could get a big following from those in the surrounding area.

any idea if the chef is anyone notable? or will it be a cookie-cutter menu with a cookie-cutter wine list. the curiousity is killing me.

I distribute to NY, NJ and Florida restaurants. The restaurants/Someliers that I enjoy working with are, The Ryland Inn, Hotel Borgata in Atlantic City are two of my favorites, because they are so interested in all aspects of the wine and they just do not go for WS and Parker Ratings. I enjoy customers that are confiedent on their own selection and tasting notes. In NJ, I deal mostly with wine shops, e.g.Town and Country in Westfield, WIne and Spirit in Hohokus, :biggrin: Endless Vine in Franklin Lakes, 56 Degree Wine in Bernardsville, and Whole Foods. NY Restaurants to name a few which have interesting lists and really approachable wine directors are The Gotham Bar and Grill, Daniel, The Ritz Carlton at CPW, Pure Food and Wine, Artisinal, Hearth also Morrell & Co. But, each week, I am fortunate to keep adding new customers and meeting new Wine Directors, so stay tuned for more.

Bouquet du Vin

http://www.bouquetduvin.com

ameyer@bouquetduvin.com