• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chipotle and Quizno's on St. Marks

Suzanne F

On my way to Crif Dogs today, I noticed that franchises of both

Chipotle and Quizno's Subs are going in to a renovated building on St. Marks Place between 2nd and 3rd Avenues.

:sad:    :shock:    :angry:

three letters for you: NYU

that being said, i think that the chain aspect is probably the only thing that makes chipotle any worse than san loco..

On my way to Crif Dogs today, I noticed that franchises of both

Chipotle and Quizno's Subs are going in to a renovated building on St. Marks Place between 2nd and 3rd Avenues.

:sad:    :shock:    :angry:

Suzanne, as chains go it could have been MUCH worse.

Taco Bell? Wendy's? Pizza Hut? XXXX Ray's XXXX Pizza? Au Bon Pain? :huh: MUCH worse.

Of course a Starbucks will be showing up ANY second now.

Jon Lurie, aka "jhlurie"

suzanne is  :angry: again.

Suzanne, as we well know, wants to change the world one city block at a time. :smile:

A good goal, even if she's sometimes the Don Quiote of NYC. :wink:

I would hope that the building at least gave some small businesses the chance at those spaces.

Jon Lurie, aka "jhlurie"

Interesting...I'm reading this as I bite into my Chipotle carnitas burrito. :wub: As much as I enjoy Chipotle (and have missed it since leaving DC), I think one in NYC is enough (44th btw. Lex & 3rd).

I'm not a huge fan of chains, but if the food's good and they don't have one on every corner, I have no problems.

Sherri A. Jackson

There IS a Starbucks at Astor Place; and another where once there was a Pasqua :sad: right by Cooper Union. But the Mud Truck is still out there every day :biggrin: too.

And I DID try the Quizno's on Chambers Street. I'll say this for it: it's better than Blimpies or Subway. But not much. :raz:

I just think it's hysterical that those stores will end up filled with tattooed, chain-wearing, multi-color-hair goths. Or whatever the current conformist non-conformist fads are. :wacko: