• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sex

MatthewB

There something about being able to say, "Let's drink some Sex, baby."

Of course, we could play around with this for quite a while.  :laugh:

Wouldn't it be better to say, Let's have some Sex, baby? Of course, you could inquire about Sex at the Beach, or a Fuzzy Naval, or a Slow Screw Against the Wall, etc. But if you are serious about drinking something bubbly, I think you can get a better bang for your buck.

I'm hollywood and I approve this message.

But if you are serious about drinking something bubbly, I think you can get a better bang for your buck.

Yup. The Spanish Cava we've been drinking this summer. (Distributor closed it out & I buy it at $6.49 a bottle. :wub: )

There something about being able to say, "Let's drink some Sex, baby."

Of course, we could play around with this for quite a while.   :laugh:

I've heard that there are two problems with this wine: If you suggest having it to your SO, she is likely to say, "Not tonight dear, I'll have a headache." And if you drink alone, your palms turn hairy.

Edited by fresco (log)
Arthur Johnson, aka "fresco"

• 2 weeks later...

To answer your original question, I thought of it in the same vein as Larry Mawby's other sparklers -- very pleasant, some character, a little pricy but not too dear.

We gave a bottle of this to a very good friend for her recent 50th birthday, with the expected sex-related comments on her bd card.

My favorite saying (or close enough) of the many on his winery's tasting room walls: "There are 10 types of people -- those who understand binary and those who don't." :wink:

My favorite of Larry's wines (and the most expensive, of course) is his "Mille."

"There is no sincerer love than the love of food."  -George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman, Act 1

"Imagine all the food you have eaten in your life and consider that you are simply some of that food, rearranged."  -Max Tegmark, physicist

Gene Weingarten, writing in the Washington Post about online news stories and the accompanying readers' comments: "I basically like 'comments,' though they can seem a little jarring: spit-flecked rants that are appended to a product that at least tries for a measure of objectivity and dignity. It's as though when you order a sirloin steak, it comes with a side of maggots."

Read to children. Vote. And never buy anything from a man who's selling fear. -Mary Doria Russell, science-fiction writer