• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

West Caldwell, NJ

davidthomas8779

Italianissimo and Marado Blu are in West Cladwell within a block of each other at the Passaic and Bloomfield Ave intersection, both above average. Italianissimo is a BYO. Aria and Bruschetta are also in the vacinity(Fairfield) and quite good as well.

A.D.S.

Strange.  That's where the convent is where I'm baking.  I have pizza on Bloomfield Avenue.  They give me plastic containers.

Great news. If you could bake pizza for 8, and perhaps some pecan pies, and fit it all into plastic containers for us, I'd greatly appreciate it. Just PM me with the time and place I should stop by to pick it up.

Italianissimo and Marado Blu are in West Cladwell within a block of each other at the Passaic and Bloomfield Ave intersection, both above average.  Italianissimo is a BYO.  Aria and Bruschetta are also in the vacinity(Fairfield) and quite good as well.

I'll echo Rock's suggestions.

Aria and Italianissimo are both BYO, by the way. Bacchus Chop House in Fairfield is a high end steak joint which I'd also add to the business guest's list. Owned by the same folks who run Bruschetta, which is a few doors away. Both are about 4 - 5 minutes away, near the airport.

Aria

Bruschetta

Edited by Rail Paul (log)

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

Strange.  That's where the convent is where I'm baking.  I have pizza on Bloomfield Avenue.  They give me plastic containers.

Great news. If you could bake pizza for 8, and perhaps some pecan pies, and fit it all into plastic containers for us, I'd greatly appreciate it. Just PM me with the time and place I should stop by to pick it up.

I fear something was lost in translation. I order a slice for lunch between baking batches of cookies. :smile:

But tell me in advance about the pies!

If this is a business lunch go another mile up Bloomfield Ave. to Prospect. Make a right and go to Eagle Rock Ave. Make a left and watch for the sign for Highlawn Pavillion ( High Lawn Pavilion Eagle Rock Reservation West Orange 973-731-3463) which has a gorgeous view of the NYC skyline. Another suggestion would be Luce Luce 115 Bloomfield Avenue Caldwell 973-403-8500.

Let us know where you end up and how it was.

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE