• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Crabs

• 2 months later...
I heard a rumor that Bonk's had closed outright a few months ago, so I guess that is the case.

Bonks has reoppened, about a week after christmas. The place is totally redone and the food is excellent. although the old timers that used to dip their crabs in a pitcher of beer may not like. I am going to miss the three stooges decorations but the bathrooms are a major upgrade. The crabs were on point and i might even say better than before although a little spicy. I also had a chicken cutlet with broccolli rabe and sharp prov on a sarcones and it was delicious...

their version of crab (er old bay) fries were very good but dont come in a brown paper bag anymore.

the place is a bit smaller now.

I'd have to say that port richmond/bridesburg corridor is probably the best in teh city, with bonks and boncellas (havent been to the harmonia but heard they are same as boncellas), byrnes doent do a bad job either but I prefer their wings and potato logs...then there is always chickies up a bit in the mayfair, wiss, tacony triangle.

I'd have to say that port richmond/bridesburg corridor is probably the best in teh city, with bonks and boncellas (havent been to the harmonia but heard they are same as boncellas), byrnes doent do a bad job either but I prefer their wings and potato logs...then there is always chickies up a bit in the mayfair, wiss, tacony triangle.

Does anyone have an address for boncellas (sic) or harmonia (sic)? I found Bonks Bar on Google.

Does anyone have an address for boncellas (sic) or harmonia (sic)? I found Bonks Bar on Google.

I am not sure of the exact address but it is right next to regency caterers which is located at 2378 Orthodox St, which is rigght off the bridge street exit of 95 (where harbison ave meets aramingo ave at orthodox)...harmonia is about a block up on aramingo

I am not sure of the exact address but it is right next to regency caterers which is located at 2378 Orthodox St, which is rigght off the bridge street exit of 95 (where harbison ave meets aramingo ave at orthodox)...harmonia is about a block up on aramingo

Boncela's (Note spelled with one "L"), Orthodox and Milnor Streets, 215-537-8039.

Closed Sunday

Harmonia Club, Aramingo and Orthodox Streets, 215-533-4390. Crabs available Tuesday through Saturday