• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

6 minutes ago, KennethT said:

For the flat bladed ones, can you use a magnetic knife strip?  You can screw it to the wall - it saves a ton of countertop or drawer space if you have the wall space.

That is my preferred solution, but I can't find such strips here. At the moment most of the knives live in two knife blocks, but I hate them. Troublesome to keep clean.

liuzhou

liuzhou

1 minute ago, KennethT said:

For the flat bladed ones, can you use a magnetic knife strip?  You can screw it to the wall - it saves a ton of countertop or drawer space if you have the wall space.

That is my preferred solution, but I can't find such strips here. At the moment they nearly all live in two knife blocks, but I hate them. Troublesome to keep clean.