• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Tortilla de Patatas

I'm bringing this to the fore in response to a following post.

Sorry in advance if this is posted in the wrong forum, but my trip to SPAIN led to this craving...

Hoping someone could share some very authentic preparation recipes for the most basic of Tortilla Espanolas (Spanish Omelet)

Robert Buxbaum

WorldTable

Recent WorldTable posts include: comments about reporting on Michelin stars in The NY Times, the NJ proposal to ban foie gras, Michael Ruhlman's comments in blogs about the NJ proposal and Bill Buford's New Yorker article on the Food Network.

My mailbox is full. You may contact me via worldtable.com.

• 9 years later...

The current omelette flap ( :biggrin: ) reminded me of this thread, so thought I'd bump it up.

I mentioned in this thread that a Spaniard friend told me that in Spain, they use fresh eggs - not refrigerated, not pasteurized - so that's why our tortillas never taste exactly the same.

So I had a friend with chickens, and I started using fresh eggs, and that made a huge difference.

I'm wondering if anyone else has any thoughts/experiences along those lines.

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.