• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

linked to wrong cartridges

1 hour ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

At the cost of CO2 cartridges I might as well buy more beer.

1 hour ago, Duvel said:

I do drink a lot of Chimay and I do have a soda maker. Unless your economy works very different than mine, two or three button punches of CO2 on a SodaStream(tm) will be significantly cheaper than a 0.75L bottle of Chimay Blue …

The 8 g CO2 cartridges (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) I buy have gone up to around 55 cents each. 

A 750 ml bottle of Chimay Blue is $14.99 at my local Total Wine so if you were to enjoy three 250 ml servings, it would only add around 10 % to the cost of that bottle. That seems reasonable. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

1 hour ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

At the cost of CO2 cartridges I might as well buy more beer.

1 hour ago, Duvel said:

I do drink a lot of Chimay and I do have a soda maker. Unless your economy works very different than mine, two or three button punches of CO2 on a SodaStream(tm) will be significantly cheaper than a 0.75L bottle of Chimay Blue …

The 8 g CO2 cartridges (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) I buy have gone up to around 58 cents each. 

A 750 ml bottle of Chimay Blue is $14.99 at my local Total Wine so if you were to enjoy three 250 ml servings, it would only add around 10 % to the cost of that bottle. That seems reasonable.